How to Get Started Dancing
Hi, newbies! It’s me, Eddie, here to get you started with a solid understanding of how The Dance Shack works! First, the short version!
- Take a free Newbie Class. This will give you a sample of the different dances we teach. We have them every Friday at 7pm. Just walk in and in a few minute you’ll be dancing!
- Take a free Private Lesson. Here you can focus on the dance or dances you liked best. Call us to schedule!
- Get a Shack Pack. The Shack Pack gets you started dancing right away with some goodies: ANOTHER Private Lesson, Three Group Classes, a Membership Badge, and “Shacker Status” which gives you permanent discounts off future purchases and access to exclusive deals FOR LIFE! You never have to renew it. Combined these goodies are actually worth more than the price of The Shack Pack!
That’s it! Now let’s fill in some details!
1. The Free Newbie Class
The Free Newbie Class is a Group Class, that means there’s an instructor supervising the class with men on one side and women on the other. The instructor will teach them their parts separately, and then put them together to dance! It’s great fun, and will give you a chance to see what a Group Class is like! Now some people may work on Friday and won’t be able to attend. No worries! Just go straight to step two!
2. Free Private Lesson
The Free Private Lesson is a one-on-one lesson (or two-on-one if you’re a couple) with a Dance Shack Instructor. They’ll get you started the right way! If you took the Group Class, then we’ll expand on your favorite dances. And if you skipped it, we can go over the material you missed. After you’ve taken the Private Lesson, you’ll have a much more complete picture of what learning to dance is like. And if you like it then…
3. Become a Shacker!
A Shack Pack is just 99 bucks ($149 for couples). The Shack Pack is the perfect little bundle to get you started in your dancing, plus, once you’re a Shacker you get access to Shacker-only pricing, events and specials! There’s no ongoing costs or fees. Once you’re a Shacker, you’re a Shacker for life!
As if that wasn’t enough already – I mentioned it comes with some free goodies – and here they are again:
- A Private Lesson – this isn’t the free lesson you get to try out – this is another private lesson! It’s true, it’s true.
- 3 Group Classes – The Group Classes are a great way to learn patterns (where your feet go) and you get three of ’em! Our generosity knows no bounds! Plus..
- Member badges! With your name on it! People warm up to you fast when you make it easy for them to remember who you are!
- Shacker Status – Like we said, permanent discount off future purchases. Your a member for life. No renewals needed.
Alright – now that you’ve got an idea of what’s what, let’s wrap this up!
Come in Friday at 7pm for your Free Newbie Class. Wear comfortable clothes and shoes that won’t slide off your feet, so no flip flops! Sneakers are fine.
If you can’t make Fridays for some reason, then call us for your free introductory lesson. We’re really flexible with time.
Our address is 3837 Southside Blvd. Suite #1, Jacksonville, Florida, 32216. You know where the Tinseltown Movie theater is? If you left there and took a right on Southside Boulevard you’d be going north on Southside Boulevard. You’d pass Touchton Road, then Hogan Road, and then you’ll see us on the right hand side of the street (same side Tinseltown was on). We’re on Southside Boulevard between Hogan Road and the exit for Beach Boulevard.
The name of the plaza we’re in is the “Southside Business Center”. In the same plaza as Hungry Howie’s Pizza and Deerwood Florist.
If you have any questions call us at (904) 329-2946. We look forward to meeting you!
See you at The Dance Shack!